Our bodies weren’t designed to sit at a desk for eight hours.
Check out this three-minute video from The Wall Street Journal for some small changes you can make to your home workstation that could save you aches and pains later on.
Some tips from the video:
· Use a couple of reams of paper as a footrest so you can raise your chair to the proper height
· The proper desk height should allow your elbows to be at 90 degrees
· Your monitor should be an arm’s length away
· The top of your main screen should be at eye level
· Use a headset if you’re on the phone a lot
· Move and stretch with some basic exercises
· Most importantly, get up and walk around every hour